Tankless Water Heaters
Lower your energy bills and never take another cold shower! AbleAir-1 is proud to be one of the few plumbing contractors certified to sell, install, and maintain tankless water heaters, a cutting-edge and environmentally friendly plumbing innovation. Tankless water heaters heat water on demand, so you’re never limited to a fixed supply of hot water. We install only the top brands of tankless water heaters, including Navien and Rinnai. Even better, in 2011 you can save up to $500 Tax Credi.
How do Tankless Water Heaters Work:
Tankless Water Heaters (also called Instantaneous or Demand Water Heaters) provide hot water only as it is needed. Whereas traditional storage water heaters waste energy by heating water before you need it. Tankless water heaters only heat water when you need it, or on-demand, thus saving energy and lowering your utility bills.
When a hot water faucet is turned on, cold water travels into the unit. In an electric Tankless Water Heater an electric element heats the water. In a gas-fired Tankless Water Heater a gas burner heats the water. As a result, Tankless Water Heaters deliver a constant supply of hot water. You don’t need to wait for a storage tank to fill up with enough hot water. Typically, Tankless Water Heaters provide hot water at a rate of 2 – 5 gallons (7.6 – 15.2 liters) per minute.
Advantages of a Tankless Water Heater:
- Energy & Cost Savings: Homeowners can expect an average 40% energy savings. That’s because tankless water heaters are designed to be highly efficient and only heat water when it’s needed. When the demand for water ceases, the unit shuts down and uses no energy, a revolutionary advantage over inefficient tank-style heaters.
- Longer Lifespan: Tankless water heaters have a typical life span of 20 years or more, up to twice as long as a tank.
- Cleaner Water: In a traditional hot water tank, rust and scale build-up can collect inside, leading to polluted drinking and bathing water. With tankless water heaters there is no tank to store water, so you’ll always experience fresh, clean hot water because the unit heats water on demand as it passes through the unit.
- Greater Capacity: With a tankless water heater, you can do laundry, run the dishwasher, and take a shower without running out of hot water. Meeting increased hot water demands can be a challenge for traditional tank-style heaters, however, with a tankless water heater you will never run out of hot water.
- Space Saver: Tankless water heaters are small (about the size of a carry-on suitcase) and can be installed on virtually any wall inside or outside of your home. When compared to a traditional hot water heater, you will save a ton of storage space.
- Safer: With a tankless water heater there is no tank to leak or break, thus reducing the risk of flooding.